Check list of documentation.
That we need to start preparing your Tax Return
US Tax Consultants is a company with offices in Madrid, Asturias (Spain) and Algarve (Portugal), with national and international presence, and with 56 years of experience in filing U.S. and Spanish taxes. Thanks to our professionalism and quality control, our clients have the peace of mind that provides a job well done.
Information we need to start preparing your U.S. Tax Return 2021.
Please, be sure that you have upload all the information listed in this page to your Clients Area in our website. Our uploaded tool is secure, and all data is encrypted.
In case you have received any other income not listed below, or your fiscal situation is more complicated than normal, please contact us. Please, if you are a delinquent filer, please, check our website for IRS Amnesty.
- Complete name, date of birth and SSN of taxpayer, spouse, and children or dependents. Pdf copy of the US passport and the SSN card.
- Current address to be shown in your Tax Return.
- Last year’s IRPF Spanish Tax Return if you filed it.
- Last year’s Form 1040 US Individual tax return, and State tax return if any.
- Employment income: Certificate form employer in Spain; W2, indicating if the work was done in Spain or U.S.; and any other employment income: i.e. unemployment compensation.
- Self-employment income: Type of economic activity. Income and expenses.
- Interests, Dividends and Capital Gains: Certificate of income from your bank in Spain. Fiscal data document issue by the bank; and/or 1099-INT, 1099-DIV and 1099-B from US financial institution (proceeds and costs)
- Property income from rents: Complete address of any property owned (Spain & abroad) and % of ownership. Date of acquisition and price of acquisition. Date of the rental agreement. Income and expenses from the rent.
- Pensions and Social Security Benefits: Certificate of withholdings from Spanish INE; 1099-R from all annuities and distributions from your pension plans; and 199SSA from the Social Security.
- Estimated Tax paid: Let’s us know the amounts paid during 2021 and 2022.
- Stimulus checks: Please provide amount received in 2021 for the EIP3 of $1,400 would be reported/claimed next year 2021). The stimulus check are Tax exempts, but you can claim them in your Individual Tax Return.
- Please check our website if you need to file the FinCEN 114(Foreign Bank Account Report – FBAR) Please let us know if you are filing it by yourself.