Non filers might also get the “Stimulus check”!!!

Apr 15, 2020 | Finances, IRS - Internal Revenue Service, US Tax Return 1040 / 1040NR | 8 comments

The IRS launched a solution that allows taxpayers who don’t normally file a tax return (i.e. income is under the filing threshold) to provide the minimum information required for purposes of receiving Economic Impact Payments (commonly known as stimulus checks). This procedure is designed for those clients that are not required to file a full 2019 or 2018 tax return because they don’t meet minimal filing requirements and are eligible to receive Economic Impact Payments:

Who is eligible for the Economic Impact Payment?

U.S. citizens or resident aliens who:

  • Have a valid Social Security number,
  • Could not be claimed as a dependent of another taxpayer, and
  • Had adjusted gross income under certain limits.

Who will receive the Economic Impact Payment automatically without taking additional steps?

Most eligible U.S. taxpayers will automatically receive their Economic Impact Payments including:

  • Individuals who filed a federal income tax for 2018 or 2019
  • Individuals who receive Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), or survivor benefits
  • Individuals who receive Railroad Retirement benefits

Who should use Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info to provide additional information to receive the Economic Impact Payment?

Eligible U.S. citizens or permanent residents who:

  • Had gross income that did not exceed $12,200 ($24,400 for married couples) for 2019
  • Were not otherwise required to file a federal income tax return for 2019, and didn’t plan to

You can provide the necessary information to the IRS easily and quickly for no fee through Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info. The IRS will use this information to determine your eligibility and payment amount and send you an Economic Impact Payment. After providing this information you won’t need to take any additional action.

Information You will Need to Provide

  • Full name, current mailing address and an email address
  • Date of birth and valid Social Security number
  • Bank account number, type and routing number, if you have one
  • Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) you received from the IRS earlier this year, if you have one
  • Driver’s license or state-issued ID, if you have one
  • For each qualifying child: name, Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number and their relationship to you or your spouse

What to Expect

Clicking “Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here” above will take you from the IRS site to Free File Fillable Forms, a certified IRS partner. This site is safe and secure.

Follow these steps in order to provide your information:

  • Create an account by providing your email address and phone number; and establishing a user ID and password.
  • You will be directed to a screen where you will input your filing status (Single or Married filing jointly) and personal information.
  • Note: Make sure you have a valid Social Security number for you (and your spouse if you were married at the end of 2019) unless you are filing “Married Filing Jointly” with a 2019 member of the military. Make sure you have a valid Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number for each dependent you want to claim for the Economic Impact Payment.
  • Check the “box” if someone can claim you as a dependent or your spouse as a dependent.
  • Complete your bank information (otherwise we will send you a check).
  • You will be directed to another screen where you will enter personal information to verify yourself. Simply follow the instructions. You will need your driver’s license (or state-issued ID) information. If you don’t have one, leave it blank.

You will receive an e-mail from Customer Service at Free File Fillable Forms that either acknowledges you have successfully submitted your information, or that tells you there is a problem and how to correct it. Free File Fillable forms will use the information to automatically complete a Form 1040 and transmit it to the IRS to compute and send you a payment.


  1. Sabrina Beasley

    How do I get an user ID

    • Antonio Rodriguez

      You need to carefully follow the instructions on “Get my payment”

  2. Melissa Clark

    Just want to know if you received my nonfilers that I filed a while ago but didn’t get no check yet Could you please tell me when my check is coming thank you

    • Antonio Rodriguez

      Melissa, we are not the IRS and we have no idea of when they will send the checks… we know from the IRS that they are still sending checks, and if you filed the “get my payment” for non filers, you will get the check sooner or later. According to the IRS before June 2021. Thanks

  3. Patricia Jean Monga

    I’m trying to apply for a stimulus check and it says I’m blocked out of where I log in. What should I do ? Please help me.

    • Antonio Rodriguez

      Patricia, if you have not file 2018 or 2019 Tax Returns then you should use the non-filers Tool of the IRS.

  4. melissa castaneda

    If my driver’s license expired, would that disqualify me from getting my second stimulus check? I didn’t know it was expired, I just renewed it yesterday. Thank you

    • Antonio Rodriguez

      No, your drivers license has nothing to do with the stimulus check. If you have not received any of them, you can always claim them in your tax return of this year Form 1040 2020


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *